Planning an upgrade to your kitchen? One of the most important (as well as one of the most expensive) aspects of the remodel will be the new cabinetry you put in. You can get the best results by opting for custom kitchen cabinets in Midland, MI rather than selecting cookie-cutter cabinets that come prefabricated at specific sizes.
Here’s a quick overview of how you can make sure you’re getting the right cabinetry for your dream kitchen:
- Determine the door profile you want: The doors to the cabinets are the most visible part of them, so you’re going to want to spend some time considering what style of door you want. Some common styles include slab doors, raised arch door profiles, recessed miter door profiles and recessed square door profiles. Some types of door profiles look more modern, while others look more traditional, so the kind you choose will really need to depend on the aesthetic you’re going for.
- Consider materials and color: Your next step will be to choose the type of wood you want, and the color you desire. The type of wood won’t be as important if you’re painting the cabinets instead of staining them. Sure, it will have an impact on their durability, but there’s not really any need to go with oak or cherry if you just plan on painting over it—you may be able to get away with other types of hardwoods that are not as expensive but still provide plenty of durability. If you do go with a more luxurious hardwood, then you’ll want to make sure you select a stain that complements the wood as well as the rest of the décor you’ll have in your kitchen.
- Consider functionality: When choosing your cabinetry, you shouldn’t just take aesthetic value into consideration. You’ll also want to pay special attention to how the cabinets will function. For example, you’ll want to think about the number of drawers versus shelves on lower countertops, or the types of cabinets you’ll use in tighter spaces or corners.
- Organization: Organization is an important factor to take into account during the process of choosing new cabinetry as well. It’s crucial to have an organized kitchen so you always know exactly where everything goes. When designing your kitchen, plan out how you’ll organize your items and make that a factor in the kinds of cabinets you’ll get and how you’ll lay them out.
- Maximizing space: You should always select cabinetry that will help you maximize the total amount of space you have available in your kitchen. This might include putting in a kitchen island, using lazy Susans in your corners, using more drawers, etc.
For more information about the steps you can take when selecting new custom kitchen cabinets in Midland, MI to get yourself the space you’ve always dreamed of, we encourage you to contact the team at Nowak Cabinets of Midland today. We’ll be happy to assist you during the design and planning phases of your kitchen project.
Categorised in: Cabinetry
This post was written by Writer