It can be a real pain trying to organize your closet spaces so they aren’t completely cluttered, unorganized messes. Maintaining the cleanliness and organization of your closets is, of course, an ongoing process that requires consistent dedication. However, there are some steps you can take that will make it easier and set you up for success in the long run so you don’t have to frequently carve time out of your day to dig through your piles of items.
Here are a few strategies you can employ to maintain a more organized closet design in Midland, MI:
- Arrange clothes by category: Not only will this help you find clothing items more easily, but it will also make it easier for you to sort through your clothes and figure out what you can get rid of to clear up some space. Arrange clothes into categories such as pants, tops, dresses, accessories and outerwear.
- Take everything out on occasion: Every now and then, you can benefit greatly from completely removing everything from your closet, giving it a thorough cleaning and then only putting back in what you know you need. You’ll find that there is a lot of clutter you’ll suddenly notice when you’ve got everything sitting out on the floor outside of the closet.
- Stack thick clothing items: While hanging certain clothing items can definitely help you make better use of your space, there are some items that you should stack, including any denim clothes and sweaters, as well as other thicker, heavier items that might get out of form on a hanger. This is also a good method for organization because you’ll be able to easily see each item you have in your stack.
- Roll clothes instead of folding: If you have drawers or storage boxes in your closet, consider rolling them rather than folding them. Certain types of cotton shirts, leggings and shorts are thin and flexible, and can easily be rolled up to save some space. This also helps to prevent creases from forming on your clothes.
- Maximize vertical storage: This is a good point to take into consideration for any kind of closet, whether you’re storing clothes or any other type of item. If you’re able to make proper use of your vertical space, you’ll really maximize your storage and create more opportunities for better organization. This could include installing shelving, using hanging racks or simply hanging more items. Whatever you can do to get as much stuff as possible off the ground, the better.
- Turn hangers backward: Having a hard time deciding which clothes you do and don’t need? Consider turning your hangers backward. After you wear an item, hang the hanger the usual way. Any hangers that are still backward at the end of the season have clothes you don’t often wear, meaning those clothes can be donated.
For more tips about customizing your closet space and getting yourself better organized with a custom closet design in Midland, MI, reach out to Nowak Cabinets of Midland today.
Categorised in: Closet Design
This post was written by Writer