Whether you’re renovating your existing kitchen or building a new one, choosing the right countertops in Midland, MI is key. Depending on the type you choose, they can be the focal point of your kitchen or recede into the background to highlight other design elements. Of course, you’ll also need to pick countertops that work with your kitchen needs—you want materials that can stand up to significant wear and tear and will last for decades to come.
When choosing countertops, most homeowners want to get something that’s at least moderately trendy at the time. Whether you opt for something completely of the moment or would prefer a modern classic, choosing wisely will keep your kitchen from looking dated in the next few years.
Here are some currently trending countertop types for 2021:
- Concrete: Concrete can be a cold industrial material—but in the right hands, it also makes excellent interior floors and kitchen countertops. This is a great choice for ultra-modern kitchens. Choose an option with interesting patinas or patterns to make it stand out.
- Wood: Natural wooden countertops are coming back. Not only does wood naturally prevent bacterial growth, but the material often comes at a much lower price point. Although they’re softer than stone or concrete, wooden countertops can be sanded and re-stained or coated with resin to repair nicks and dents. You have plenty of color options, too, depending on the type of wood you pick.
- Waterfall kitchen islands: Your kitchen island’s countertop doesn’t have to end at the top edges. Waterfall kitchen islands bring the material down on one or two horizontal sides, from the top of the counters to the floor. Use it as a focal point in the kitchen or to create a sleek, modern look.
- Contrasting colors: Instead of coordinating your countertops and cabinetry, why not make them contrasting colors? This is one of the hottest new design trends. Matching everything might make for a cohesive space, but it can also look quite boring. Instead, choose two contrasting colors (like black and white) for each component.
- Neutral tones: Neutrals are always a popular choice. Right now, soft grays, pale browns and whites all top the list, and allow you to make bolder design choices with other kitchen elements. This is a good choice if you think you might sell your home in the next decade or so—it’s less likely to look dated right away.
- Bold veins: If you’re getting a stone countertop, consider getting some with bold veining. This type of appearance is available in both mined and manufactured stone, so you can get the look at just about any price point.
- Sustainable materials: Finally, there’s an increased emphasis on sustainability. One great option is recycled glass and cement: it’s a beautiful choice that can be manufactured in many different colors and patterns.
No matter which countertops you choose in Midland, MI, Nowak Cabinets of Midland is sure to have what you need. Call us today to learn more and arrange a consultation.
Categorised in: Countertops
This post was written by Writer