It’s Time to Update Your Basement Storage!
Whether you have a finished basement with a game room and home theater or an unfinished basement that’s mostly used for laundry and overflow, it should have plenty of storage space. Having enough basement storage in Midland, MI might seem insignificant to some homeowners, but it’s invaluable. This post will cover the top reasons to expand your storage and give you some ideas on how to do it:
- More space upstairs: Finding a place to store dry goods, coats, shoes, cleaning supplies and other household items can be challenging—that is, until you expand your storage downstairs in the basement! Adding shelving and expanding your closet space allows you to store anything and everything. You’ll also free up plenty of space to store things throughout the main part of your house.
- Less clutter: It stands to reason that if you’re able to find a place to store your stuff, your home will be a lot less cluttered and chaotic. By storing any overflow possessions downstairs in the basement instead of jamming it in closets or leaving it on the floor, your home will look cleaner and a lot less cluttered.
- Improved functionality: Going along with the point above, a cluttered home is often a dysfunctional one. Basement storage in Midland, MI allows your home to be more practical and easier to live in. When you expand your storage, you’ll know where everything can be found in the house. You’ll no longer have to run around frantically trying to find the vacuum, tools or other items.
- Added home value: Although expanding basement storage doesn’t increase your home’s value as much as adding a bathroom or upgrading the kitchen, permanent storage features do boost its resale value somewhat. Additionally, storage upgrades don’t have to cost an arm and a leg, so you don’t have to break the bank to pay for the project.
Ideas for storage upgrades
The same updates won’t work for all homes or households. That being said, these are a few of the most common storage updates we do:
- Laundry rooms: If your basement houses your laundry machines, now’s the time to increase your laundry room storage space. Add shelving or cabinets to store detergent, bleach and other laundry necessities to make your life easier without cluttering up the floor.
- Built-in cabinetry: Finished basements can all benefit from built-in cabinetry. Whether you need a place to keep DVDs in the theater room or somewhere to store board games in the game room, built-in cabinetry is the answer. Built-ins offer a great look and plenty of storage space for everything.
- Custom closets: If you have a finished basement with spare bedrooms, consider upgrading the closets. A custom closet gives you plenty of storage space for all of your belongings and gives your guests room to hang their clothes and keep their suitcases out of the way when they visit.
If you’re planning on remodeling your basement or need to expand your current basement storage in Midland, MI, call Nowak Cabinets of Midland. We’re the trusted team in town when it comes to installing custom closets and cabinetry.
Categorised in: Storage
This post was written by Writer